Satisfy a Sugar & Protein Fix with these crisp and chewy treats.
Ingredients For 15 "Golf Ball Sized Treats:
- 3 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla isolate protein powder
- 2/3 cup almond butter (or peanut butter or choice of natural nut butter)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional, recommended)
- 1 TBSP chocolate chips for melted topping (optional)
- In a ceramic or glass bowl, mix together honey and almond butter. Ensure that both have melted completely so they can easily mix together. To help, you can toss this in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add cinnamon and protein powder and mix together using a spatula.
- Then add 1 cup of brown rice cereal at a time and fold in the cereal.
- Spread mixture in a shallow baking dish (about 8×8) or use silicone ice molds for individual portion control.
- Store the treats in the fridge and slice (or pop out of the ice molds) when you’re ready to eat them. It’s best to let these “harden” in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1/2 tbsp of water in small ramekin or bowl for 30 seconds. Remove and stir till blended and melted. Reheat and repeat additional 10 seconds until chocolate mixture is completely melted. (optional)
- Drizzle chocolate over bars. (optional).
Approximate Nutrition for 1 of 15 Treats:
136 calories, 5g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 6g fat, 2g fiber, 10g sugar.
Remember to practice portion control when it comes to treats and sugar. Consume in modereation to satisfy sweet cravings, NOT hunger. Always eat a balanced, healthy meal and reward yourself in between meals in moderation.